Re: [incquery-dev] [viatra-dev] Xtext 2.8 update

Hi,

You're right. I didn't notice the difference between the language projects and the runtime-only ones. Thanks for taking care of every plugin.

Cheers,
Istvan

I went consistently with the more liberal way on plug-ins that are only using the runtime (basically xtend.lib and xbase.lib), at least I hope so :). In the last few years, I have not witnessed even one compatibility issue there. Furthermore, the runtime shall be working on as many versions as possible (thinking about end-users here).

On the other hand, when using the Xtext API, Xbase is still not stable enough for that approach, so on the language projects I used the stricter [2.8.0, 2.9.0) dependency.

Or maybe you have seen some place where I did not do this consistently?

Cheers,
Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz