[incquery-dev] status update, bugzillas

Hi all,

as you may have noticed, I tried to clean up our bugzilla a bit more. I introduced the new version tag 0.9.x, and assigned those issues to it that I consider most important to address once 0.8 is out.

As it stands now, our planned tasks for making 0.8 happen on time are as follows:
- Uzi works on IQPL, EIQ editor and builder-related issues (most notably, reworking plugin.xml generation to eliminate bugs related to Xcore integration)
- Tomi works on the Xcore integration and the preliminary version of the debugger view (mostly docs)
- Gaben works on finalizing the recipes refactor (along with adding some badly needed test cases), type inferencing issues and some runtime-related bugs
- Abel works on a bug related to the derived feature generator, and EMF data bindings
- Akos works on PBody flattening (?)
- I work on some minor UI issues

There are some other issues scheduled for 0.8 where we expect external contributions:
- Mavenization for recipes (Gabor Szarnyas, Denes Harmath)
- Maven-compatible IncQuery Builder (Jozsef Makai)

Just to remember, the most important planned feature highlights of 0.8 will include:
- compatibility with Xtext 2.5, improved UI and builder performance
- completely rewritten builder to improve performance and reusability/adaptability of the IncQuery technology
- internal runtime refactorings (dependency sanitization, recipes, etc) to improve reusability/adaptability of IncQuery technology
- full support for query libraries reuse across multiple IncQuery projects
- Xcore integration (query-based derived features)
- UI stability and performance improvements
- IncQuery Viewers improvements
- lots of various bug fixes
- (if all goes well) Maven-compatible builder to allow for building IncQuery projects on build servers
- (if all goes well) IncQuery Debugger Tooling

Please review your bugzillas again, and report back if you consider anything unrealistic. As usual, all other comments are welcome too.

cheers
Istvan

Istvan Rath, PhD
Research Fellow