Re: [imp-dev] IMP documentation

Hi,

The integration goes via extension points, which are documented in the IMP User's Guide. A simple way is to use the extension point mechanism of Eclipse to:
 * Add "languageDescription" extension, to name the language and the file extension.
 * Add a "parser" extension, to point to an implementation of IParseController.

When you have added these extensions, now you have to implement your class that implements IParseController such that it calls your C++ code and returns your AST representation. IMP does not assume anything about your ASTs since it uses the Object class to refer to ASTs.

This gives you basic IDE support for your language. For syntax highlighting you will have to add more extension points and implement some more interfaces.

Cheers,

Jurgen