Re: [imp-dev] Permission to bundle IMP Runtime in MDT/OCL Examples for Helios

Hi Robert

On 17/03/2010 14:55, Robert M. Fuhrer wrote:
Sure, I have no objection.

Thanks.
But I'm curious: Is the purpose of this bundling simply to avoid the need for additional p2 metadata on the IMP update site?

I hope not. It just needs some inspiration. I've noticed that the contents.xml in contents.jar has an interesting references element. Maybe someone at EclipseCon will give some inspiration.

Until IMP joins the train, we probably have to bundle IMP dependencies to ensure that the Modeling package is self-contained.

I.e., if you do this, then I assume you won't need us to "upgrade" the IMP update site to a full-blown p2 update site, right?
It would be great if you could; it eliminates one possible cause. But I thoroughly sympathesize with a certain inertia witrh regards to changing build procedures.

    Regards

        Ed Willink