Re: [imp-dev] Connecting PDB to IMP discussion

Ok, for reference resolution, silly me, of course you're right - and the schema "map[loc, loc]" could be considered a composition of the IReferenceResolver API with the ISourcePositionLocator API.

That said, the schema "map[loc, loc]" is still so generic that it could mean many things, so if the hyperlink controller simply looked for a fact of the schema "map[loc, loc]" for the given language, it could pick up relations that aren't really ref => def. Another example is "rel[loc, loc]", which is basically the signature of "mark occurrences", which by design permits multiple interpretations.

But perhaps we could define an extension point in pdb2imp that identifies the specific fact ID to use for, e.g., hyperlinking (or perhaps reference resolution?), for a given language. Then the developer only writes a tiny bit of XML to hook things up.