[imp-dev] IMP Runtime dependency on PDE

Hello,

I tried to install the X10 plugin on an Eclipse Galileo (Eclipse For Java Developers), but I had a problem : it seems that "IMP Runtime" depends on the PDE (org.eclipse.pde.ui) ?

I thought the PDE was only required to build Eclipse plugins, not to execute them ? Isn't this dependency too "big" ? For example, all classical Eclipse users may well just have installed a raw "Eclipse for Java Developers" or "Eclipse for JavaEE Developers", and not have PDE installed by default ?

Am I guessing something wrong ? Is IMP Runtime intimately coupled with org.eclipse.pde.ui, or is there a chance this dependency will disappear in future releases ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Laurent

Back to the top