[imp-dev] Integrating with existing Eclipse-based IDEs - what can IMP do for me?

Hello everyone.

I am working on integrating (code assist, run, debug) with EPIC and DLTK (and possibly any other Eclipse-based IDE) for a third API available in four script languages (Perl, Tcl, Python, JavaScript).

(The desired approach is not to modify EPIC or DLTK implementations, but rather to add to them by way of extension points for example, so that the integration can be used in conjunction with the original (EPIC, DLTK, etc.) project.)

I have tried to find out what IMP can do for me, and it seems that org.eclipse.imp.analysis can be used to implement code analysis, possibly more advanced code analysis than provided by the aforementioned IDEs in their current state. Is it a realistic to use org.eclipse.imp.analysis for implementing AST-based analyses in my case?

Is there anything else that IMP can do for me, given the above use case?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth

--