Re: [imp-dev] Proposed reorg of IMP SVN repository structure

Hi Ed,

You can get a project set from a wiki page for example, and then all you need to do
is "import project set" from Eclipse.

I agree with you that the proposed setup would simplify things from a certain perspective,
but I know from experience that it will complicate things too. At least where IMP's architecture is supposed to
support variability, like using the run-time without having to use the meta-tools, is where its repository should
support independent branching and tagging. To alleviate some of the overhead of modularity, we might go for
some middle-ground where each "feature" (collection of "projects") is put into one main repository folder with
its trunk,branches and tags. I wouldn't do that either, but nevertheless its an idea. Its a matter of guestimating which
parts of IMP are expected to evolve (semi-)independently and which are going to be in complete lock-step.

One other thing;  my developers only use and depend on two or three of IMP's projects. If we reorganize the
code as proposed, they will be presented (unnecessarily) with all of IMP if they check out the trunk.

Cheers,

Jurgen