Re: [imp-dev] The @Override blues

I'm generally using JDK 1.5 with either 3.3.2 or 3.4.2.

Sounds like a bug that the JDT's auto-complete doesn't respect the compliance
level you've set.

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:49 AM, Jurgen Vinju wrote:

Hi imps,

Do you know what's the deal with the compiler errors caused by @Override annotations? My code contains them because I use the JDT's autocomplete feature (to override a method I type the first letters of its name and then the JDT will automagically generate some skeleton code).

This does not lead to compilation errors in my Eclipse, but Bob keeps removing my @Override annotations
to solve compilation errors.

I use Eclipse 3.4 and a 1.6 JDK with compliance level for 1.5. Should I go back and use a 1.5 JDK?

--
Cheers,
  - Bob

IMP Project Lead (http://www.eclipse.org/imp)