Thanks, that's just what I needed.

Cheers,

Jurgen

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Robert M. Fuhrer <rfuhrer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gentlepersons,

FYI, it seems there has been a standard mechanism since Eclipse
2.x for setting permissions on files at install time. Here's a link to a
relevant bit of info from the PDE:

The hitch may be that it requires using PDE Build to get it; it's
not clear from what I've read so far...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 7, 2008 12:01:13 PM EDT
Subject: pde-dev Digest, Vol 43, Issue 1

Today's Topics:

  1. Why does "permissions.properties" file does not work anymore
     in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede? (Gabriel Petrovay)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:25:25 +0200
From: "Gabriel Petrovay" <gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pde-dev] Why does "permissions.properties" file does not
work anymore in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede?
To: pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all!

I am trying to deliver with my plugin some executables (in an OS dependant
plugin fragment). After plug-in installation the executables do not have the
executable bit set, therefore one has to change them manually.

In Eclipse 3.3 we had two solutions for this:
1. Use a permission.properties in the fragment where the executables were
with the following content:
permissions.executable=<the list of executable files (only one in our case)>

2. Provide a custom installation handler to the feature and change the
permissions of the executable in the completeConfigure() handler

Both solutions worked fine with 3.3 but in the Eclipse Ganymede (3.4)
version, none works anymore. Has anyone some more experience on this? How
can we make it run also on 3.4?

Thanks!
Gabriel

Cheers,