Re: [imp-dev] Double call to parser when loading file with imports

Andy,

Yes, we have seen and looked into this before.  It is unlikely that your code is the cause of the situation; previously this has been due to behavior within the IMP runtime.  We'll look into it again.

Thanks for bringing this up,

Stan

Stan Sutton, Ph. D.
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532 USA
telephone:  1-914-784-7316, FAX:  1-914-784-7455, T/L 863
e-mail:  suttons@xxxxxxxxxx, Stan Sutton/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

"Crapo, Andrew (GE, Research)" <crapo@xxxxxx>
Sent by: imp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/05/2008 09:55 AM

Please respond to
IMP Developers List <imp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<imp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[imp-dev] Double call to parser when loading file with imports

I am having a problem, reminiscent of an old issue from almost a year ago, having to do with the parser getting called twice while loading a file.

Given two files, f1.sadl and f2.sadl, and f2.sadl imports f1.sadl (meaning that when f2.sadl is parsed, if f1.sadl isn't already parsed and the resulting model available to use in error checking, f1.sadl will be parsed (although not shown in an editor).

If f1.sadl is opened in the editor, the parser is only called once. However, if f2.sadl is opened, the parser is called for f2.sadl, then f1.sadl is parsed, and then a different thread invokes the parser a second time for f2.sadl. At this point the call stack is:

I can't see what in my code would be causing this to happen. This is an IMP application created with Eclipse 3.2.2 some time ago and I'm moving it to Eclipse 3.3.2 and the latest IMP. I don't believe I was seeing this until I upgraded to 0.1.75.

Andrew Crapo
GE Global Research

Information Scientist

T 518 387 5729