Re: [ide-dev] Project News Notifications in Eclipse?

I like both idea 1) promotional message from vendors and  2) project messages. However, it not appearing as spam has always been the concern.

I would like to point out that in the Whats New section of the welcome screen we do have the Eclipse Foundation news feed displayed. Unfortunately, my guess is that very few people go to this page.

I would be open to suggestions about how to improve the news item we have in MPC. I would be happy to have more project release information in the newsletter. FWIW, we list all the project releases now but it is not easy to find a new and noteworthy for a lot of releases.

In general, I think the projects under utilize the existing communications channels we have established with the Foundation. We have very active social media channels, the eclipse.org home page has over 1 million visitors per month, our monthly newsletter has over 115K subscribers. If a project wants to get a message out to the community we can help. I just need to know about it.

Ian