Re: [ide-dev] Project News Notifications in Eclipse?

In general, I think the projects under utilize the existing communications channels we have established with the Foundation. We have very active social media channels, the eclipse.org home page has over 1 million visitors per month, our monthly newsletter has over 115K subscribers. If a project wants to get a message out to the community we can help. I just need to know about it.

Those social media channels are not used by all Eclipse users.
What we are sure is that all Eclipse users use Eclipse. So it seems to me that the best way to reach Eclipse users is showing news inside IDE, just like OSs suggest updates directly inside the OS.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top