Re: [ide-dev] Inconsistent Eclipse user experience

could provide a default tested and certified against the release train discovery instead of an "everything goes" style discovery.

I cannot imagine a world where the Eclipse Foundation itself would have the resources to test and certify the ecosystem of plugins. Don't forget that all of the major app ecosystems which certify have some form of money-making machine while we don't.

But that said, the Marketplace does help with at least some install issues and we'll blacklist a plugin which repeatedly fails to install. I could also imagine adding features over time to make it easier to crowdsource kudos and complaints about plugins to provide more information to users.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseCon