[ice-dev] Change ICEObject on IReader/IWriter to Form

Alex,

IReader/IWriter should work with Forms instead of ICEObjects. The problem is that ICEObjects can be anything and they are not necessarily Composites, although that is what we need. Also, not all of our data structures are ICEObjects although they are all Identifiable.

The idea behind the IOService is to make it simple to read and write entire files into our IOR, which starts at its highest level with the Form. For a given file, I should be able to load its Form or write it with a single call.

Jay

Back to the top