Re: [iam-dev] WTP and utility facet

Hi,

El 22/04/2009, a las 18:57, Carlos Sanchez escribió:

Seems that adding the utility facet to a project causes JST to create
a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF in the first source folder in the classpath,
that happens to be src/test/java

Confirmed that this folder is created also on Ganymede SR2.

what's the motivation to add the utility facet?

IIRC, this is needed to make WTP deploy project dependencies to a server. The utility facet is automatically added if you manually mark a project (IAM or "normal JDT") as a "Java EE Module Depencency" on the war project preferences.

should we work around it by deleting the manifest after the facet is added?

I'm not sure if the file is used by WST. It would be safer to ask on the wtp newsgroup (http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.webtools ). It would be interesting to know if the file location can be customized when adding a facet.

relevant code is in
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.project.facet.UtilityFacetInstallDelegate

Something probably related is that adding a WAR project creates a new
project with the same name ending in EAR. This one I think there must
be an option to change the behavior (there's a checkbox in the UI) and
probably the default is to create it.

I have not seen this in Ganymede, but this can probably be controlled by an option when creating the project (but we need to research which one :-) ).

I've tested these in RAD 7.5 btw

I'm downloading a trial copy, in case you need more help.