[iam-dev] Very slow project open ...

I need help troubleshooting this problem. Perhaps a pointer to a q4e log file.

It sometimes takes me 20-30 minutes to open a project with many dependencies in Eclipse.

The q4e Events window shows a series of transfers for each dependency package, first from our local repository, then twenty seconds later from the central repository. As a result, each package requires a minimum of 20 seconds. This looks suspiciously like a connection timeout.

Maven builds from the command line have no trouble acquiring resources from the local repository. Since I assume both q4e and command line are using the same settings.xml and local repositories, I can't see any reason for this difference. The URL and credentials should be identical.

In every instance, the q4e plug-in is clearly transferring files from the repository that are already in my local repository. No transfer should be required.

I'll mention that I'm running on Vista, and to get Maven to work the way I expected, it was necessary to manually define user.home at Java startup to keep it from trying to make a repository in the Admin home directory instead of my own.

Any suggestions on how I might diagnose this problem? Clearly something is failing ...

Best regards,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones