[iam-dev] questions about index retrieval

Hi,

Brian Fox was investigating a hammering the central repo was getting on the nexus index, so I looked a bit at the q4e code to make sure it wasn't at fault (which it doesn't seem to be, thanks to the use of the If-Modified-Since header).

I couldn't find the answer to one question though how often is that retrieval run? It doesn't appear to be configurable from the UI either, and given the size I'd like it to be :)

Brian also pointed out that the property file that sits alongside the index may be a more reliable source for determining whether to update the index than using the If-Modified-Since header.

Is this already under consideration or should I put it into bugzilla?

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter