[iam-dev] Rethinking the incremental builder

Hi all!

I've been thinking about the current situation with the incremental builder and I think we can do better on that component.

We can:
  a) be more integrated with jdt
  b) be more conservative on running full builds
  c) be more modular (this is somewhat in conflict with "a")

For point "a", I think we can leverage http://tinyurl.com/6oe4m7 and integrate with the java build cycle.
For point "b", we can do a deeper look at the pom so that a whitespace change does not trigger a full build.
For point "c", and based on the above point, we can allow contributors to react to changes to the pom. For example, synchronizing the java source compliance levels can be done by an external contribution and not be hardcoded in the flow.

This is only an sketch, but I would like to hear from you.

Back to the top