Re: [hyades-dev] Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform Project Q3'04 Quarterly F2F Meeting Minutes

There is an extension of the EMF project (a tools project) that uses XML Schema (a technology project) and a Java programming model included in that project, that tis actually used by many projects. The desire is for the XML Schema project to move up to at least equal commitment and stability etc. as EMF. The historical reasons for the current situations have past. Namely a potential jdk standard for accessing a schema similar to Xerces for a dom has not materialized.

Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman, STSM,
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920
cell: 416-432-9754
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Gabrielle Chapman chapmaga@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-2323

Kim Coleman <kcoleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/14/2004 02:31 PM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform Project Q3'04 Quarterly F2F Meeting Minutes

> Attached are the meeting minutes for the Eclipse TPTP project Q3'04
> Quarterly F2F meeting held during September 28-30, 2004 in New Jersey.

Thanks for forwarding this, Sri. I have a question about a comment in the minutes from Day 2. The minutes say:

"
TPTP has a strong interest in promoting XSD from a technology subproject to under tools project. We depend on it and would like to see it established firmly as a Eclipse project."

Is XSD really what's meant here? XSD as in a mechanism for describing XML schema's? Or is this a TLA for something completely unrelated? :-)

-Kim

Back to the top