[hyades-dev] supporting xUnit for webapps, was: junit and derivatives

Dominique Guilbaud Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:25:28 +0200
>>> The plan is first to investigate the addition of the follwing
>>> JUnit-based tools:

>>> - HTTPUnit: this is for the HTTP protocol-based test and the idea
>>> here is to enhence the URL testing tool existing in Hyades

Tom Roche 09/01/2004 07:55 PM
>> You might also want to consider HTMLUnit. There are partisans for
>> each tool; see much discussion on

Dominique Guilbaud Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:50:11 +0200
> It seems that there is important overlap between these 2 frameworks.

Yes. FWIW, there are also others, e.g. JWebUnit.

> We certainly not be able to address both. So, we need to study which
> is the best during the specification period ([ending] sept 30th)

OK. Unfortunately I don't know nearly enough about these packages--
I work on web app _tooling_, and we unfortunately at present don't do
enough automated testing of that, let alone the webapps generated by
our tooling--but I can seek more informed comments from, e.g.,
Agile@IBM and some TDD sites.

Back to the top