From: rsinc [mailto:rsinc@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:28 PM
To: hyades-dev
Subject: [hyades-dev] Fw: Copyrights and copyright tool

Hyades Committers,

We need to ensure that all Hyades source files have copyright statements
-- reference the email below for the details of how to verify and update
these. Please verify the status of the files, and communicate to me the
approximate # and % of files that do not contain copyright statements.

If we verify that we have very few files (if any) needing to be updated,
we will drop the changes into 3.0.1. Otherwise, if we have many updates
to apply, we will need to target 3.0 by the end of this week.
Thanks.

Best regards,

Rob Sinclair
Program Manager - Hyades / RPD
IBM Software Group - Rational Software
20 Maguire Road, Lexington, MA, USA 02421
Office: 1.781.372.7839 (T/L: 403.7839)

----- Forwarded by Robert Sinclair/Lexington/IBM on 06/23/2004 13:38
-----

	Sonia Dimitrov <Sonia_Dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxx>

	06/23/2004 11:44

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Randy Hudson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,
Pratik Shah/Durham/IBM@IBMUS, Barbara Price/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS,
Frank Budinsky <frankb@xxxxxxxxxx>, Marcelo Paternostro
<marcelop@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Merks <merks@xxxxxxxxxx>, David
Dykstal/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS, Robert Sinclair/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS, Qiyan
Li <qiyanli@xxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Duggan <rduggan@xxxxxxxxxx>, Peter
Walker/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Dr Gili Mendel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Kleanthis
Hapitas <khapitas@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michel Paquet <michelp@xxxxxxxxxx>, David
Daoust <ddaoust@xxxxxxxxxx>, Douglas Schaefer <dschaefe@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Mathieu Lapensee <lapensee@xxxxxxxxxx>, James Ciesielski
<jciesiel@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jay Graham <Jay.Graham@xxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Leroux
<dleroux@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kenneth Hussey <khussey@xxxxxxxxxx>, Yves Grenier
<ygrenier@xxxxxxxxxx>, David Bradley <dbradley@xxxxxxxxxx>, Hossain
Ghadimi <hghadimi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Cam-Thu Le/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, David W
Hare/Durham/IBM@IBMUS, Jonathan J Simpson/Durham/IBM@IBMUS,
ycpeng@xxxxxxxxxx, xucheng@xxxxxxxxxx, suwits@xxxxxxxxxx,
dabhijit@xxxxxxxxxx, salexb@xxxxxxxxxx, aboualy@xxxxxxxxxx,
fuse@xxxxxxxxxx, bamir@xxxxxxxxxx, Paula Cox/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Steven
Wasleski/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Ashley Brooks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Marie
Bradford/Cary/IBM@IBMUS, David Bennett <dbennett@xxxxxxxxxx>, Sonia
Dimitrov <Sonia_Dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kim Moir <Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Nikolai Teshima <teshiman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Nan <apnan@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Ernest Mah <ernest@xxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Gambino/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Subject

Fw: [platform-releng-dev] Copyrights and copyright tool

----- Forwarded by Sonia Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM on 23.06.2004 11:40 -----
Sonia Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM

23.06.2004 11:12

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Copyrights and copyright tool Link

The releng plug-in is also available here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-releng-home/org.eclipse.releng.tools_3.0.4.zip

Sonia

Sonia Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

23.06.2004 10:53

Please respond to
platform-releng-dev

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Copyrights and copyright tool

All component teams are requested to update their copyrights today in
projects contributed to the build. This can be done either by hand or
using the attached org.eclipse.releng.tools plug-in which contains the
copyright tool. The same version of this tool will be available in the
upcoming noon build.

To install, unzip the plug-in into your eclipse install and re-start
eclipse.

To run, select the "Fix Copyrights..." from the context menu of your
projects in the Package Explorer or Navigator view.

What does the tool do?

1. For .properties files without copyrights, it will insert the
following at the top of the file:

#######
# Copyright (c) 2003, 2004 IBM Corporation and others.
# All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
# are made available under the terms of the Common Public License v1.0
# which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
# http://www.eclipse.org/legal/cpl-v10.html
#
# Contributors:
# IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation
#######

2. For .java files without copyrights, it will insert the following at
the top of the file:

********
*
* Contributors:
* IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation
*******/

3. For either .java or .properties files which have existing IBM
copyrights, it will increment the copyright year to the year timestamp
on the file.
4. It will NOT modify files which have existing copyrights which are
non-IBM.

Sonia[attachment "org.eclipse.releng.tools_3.0.4.zip" deleted by Sonia
Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM]

Back to the top