Re: [hyades-dev] Test Execution Harness & Test Completion Notification

Hi Julien,

This is an interesting question.  Javier has requested perhaps a similar improvement:  he'd like the launchTest() method to return an IExecutor interface instead of an error string.  I think this is a good proposal, because with the IExecutor interface, you can send control events the running test, and without this capability today, we have to grovel through all the sessions to find the right executor in order to simply stop a test.

I'm already planning on making the change that Javier requested -- hopefully today or tomorrow.  The other side of this request is that we'll also have some code in the workbench that maintains a collection of IExecutors for the tests that are currently running, and for each of these, we'll register a state change listener for the IExecutor going into the "dead" state (when the test has finished) and then remove it from the collection.  Given those things, would it be sufficient for you to poll the collection to find out when your test has completed, or do you want a discrete notification?  Does this seem like an acceptable solution?  If not, let's discuss it further and figure out what we need to do to get you a good solution.

Thanks Julien,
--Joe

Joe Toomey
Advisory Software Engineer
Rational Software
IBM Software Group

"Julien Canches" <julien.canches@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2004 11:52 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[hyades-dev] Test Execution Harness & Test Completion Notification

Is there any plan to implement a mechanism to be notified when a test execution is completed? More exactly, when the .execution file is ready to be opened?

If the answer is no, then  I propose myself to implement it.

Thanks,

Julien Canches
Software Engineer
Rational Software