[hyades-dev] Meeting minutes for 4/8 Hyades Execution Team Meeting

Title: Meeting minutes for 4/8 Hyades Execution Team Meeting

I've attached the meeting notes for this Tuesday's meeting, sorry for the delay this week.

We also had a good joint meeting with the UI group today (action item 1) to share and align use cases for release 1.  We didn't identify any significant disconnects, which was a good sign.  We did identify a couple of specific execution use cases that will require further communication with the UI to clarify the UI needs.  We also agreed to have at least one, possibly two, members from each of the two groups to attend the other group's weekly meetings to help foster inter-group communication and keep the groups in sync as we go forward.  Kris Koblinski volunteered to represent the execution group at the UI meetings, and the UI group would identify the UI representative to the execution group at next week's UI meeting.

Kent Siefkes

<<Hyades Execution Group Meeting Notes - Apr 08.txt>>

Execution Team Group Weekly Meeting, 11AM Eastern, Tuesday, Apr 8, 2003

Attending
---------

Kris Kobylinski, IBM Toronto
Kent Siefkes, IBM Rational Raleigh
Joe Toomey, IBM Rational Lexington
Anthony Miguel, Scapa
Clay Williams, IBM Watson
Victor Havin, IBM Rational Cupertino
Mike Silverstein, Silvermark

Reviewed/Agreed on Agenda
-------------------------

1. Discuss schedule and scope execution use cases for Release 1 (Eclipse release 2.1.1)

Recorded Discussion
-------------------
1. Introduced Mike Silverstein of Silvermark, who just joined our execution group.  Welcome Mike!

2. Reviewed preliminary plans for remaining work for first Hyades release in Eclipse 2.1.1 (approximate
   priority order) that were identified last week:
        1. Scope execution use cases for first Eclipse release (2.1.1)
        2. Participate in overall Hyades schedule/planning for first release
        3. Identify APIs for components that run on the remote machines
        4. Complete any remaining use case realizations for use cases scoped in for 2.1.1 release
        5. Build reference implementation (in conjunction with UI group and Data Collection & Communication
           Group) for scoped-in use cases

   Additional discussion points:
   A. Agreed to add to our use case realizations the remote side interactions to make clear the entire
      picture in terms of what transpires on the remote side as well as the workbench, and when
      communication across the network occurs.
   B. Kris recommended that we need to align with the UI group's use cases, and everyone agreed that we
      should schedule a joint meeting with the UI group.
   C. Joe mentioned that we haven't addressed the execution of test suites explicitly (vs. test cases),
      and we discussed whether this was necessary to specify and implement for the first release.
   D. Kris identified the need to add to our plan the identification of primitive events to control
      both execution and monitoring/profiling (to be used with UC1.1 and UC2.1 respectively)

3. Had Release 1 schedule discussion, discussed coding resource availability amongst the group members,
   and the prioritized and scoped our use cases, subject to discussion with the UI and Data Collection &
   Communication groups.

   Release 1 use cases required (in rough priority order):
   UC1 - Launch a single test instance from workbench on a single specified node
   UC2 - Monitor a running application on a specified node
   UC4 - Launch a test for immediate reporting/monitoring
   UC1.1 - Show control events to running test
   UC2.1 - Show control events to monitored app

   If time (and supported by other groups), but not required for Release 1:
   UC1.2 - Launch a test which is enabled for later monitoring (launchpoint to UC3)
   UC3 - Monitor an already launched test which was launched to allow for later monitoring
   UC1.2.1 - Variant of UC1.2 where Executor specifies monitoring (instead of user)

   Identified Sample Execution Environments and Executors for Release 1:
   A. Java(JUnit)
   B. Command Line
   C. Manual Test?
   D. HTTP?

Action Items identified:
Kent - arrange a joint meeting with UI group with Valentina Popescu
Joe - check with Serge regarding test suite execution for release 1
Joe - talk with Richard about remote side APIs and confirm ownership on interface implementations
Kris - propose initial event list (based on existing implementation)

Back to the top