[higgins-dev] Notes for Higgins Dev call on October 14

Notes for Higgins dev call – October 14, 2010

Attendees

  • Paul Trevithick – Azigo
  • Mary Ruddy – Meristic

Logistics

  • Time: Thursday 12 Eastern (16:00 UTC) U.S.
  • Skype: +9900827047990866
  • Dial-in: 1-201-793-9022 passcode 7990866#

Agenda/Notes

  • [Paul] Personal Data Service
    • Naming issues [1]
    • Architectural overview & minor revisions [2]
  • [Paul] We had agreed that I wouldn’t make those changes, but when I was working on my blog and reviewing the material I found many places to make improvement. It was less work to rewrite everything using the new terms. Also took UMA input. If you go to Higgins home and click on PDS at the left, that page has had a significant rewrite. It is simpler and there is only one diagram.  The VRM crowd hasn’t continued the conversation, so we moved forward. I also updated the home page.  It is our prime marketing reference.
  • [Mary] There are also other things to circle back to for updated: Wisegeek and Wikipedia.
  • [Paul] Also, there is a UMA end point, and I made the managed data store(s) plural.

  • [Paul] New formatting of Persona Data Model vocabulary pages [4]
  • [Paul] There is new formatting for the PDM vocabulary pages.  I split every separate ontology into its own wiki page. See link [4].  The PDS page used to go on forever, now there are more, shorter pages. If you look under Higgins defined event, all the vocabularies are documented on their own pages.
  • [Paul] I will be adding a media ontology for talking about videos.

  • [Paul] Supporting Harvard/KidNet project
    • OpenSocial [3]
    • OpenSocial "overlay" [5]
  • [Paul] Harvard and MIT are joining forces.
  • [Paul] Harvard is putting forward the personal data service. MIT will layer the apps on it.  Higgins is the foundation of the personal data service.

  • [Paul] Online behavior vocabulary [6] (search terms, page visits, etc.)
  • [Paul] I started this online behavior vocabulary. By the end of the year, want to have the active client capture the start and end of how much time you spend on the webpage.

  • [Mary] Next call is in two weeks, October 28th at Noon ET.

[1] http://www.equalsdrummond.name/?p=327

[2] http://www.incontextblog.com/?p=666

[3] http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=_javascript__API_Overview_%28v0.8%29

[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Persona_vocabulary