Re: [higgins-dev] Modeling attribute disclosure

On Sep 19, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Mike McIntosh wrote:

> I really like the new model. It seems to allow/encourage apps to have a single "data" (AppData) context that is managed for all RPs and separate disclosure events allow tracking what gets shared with which RP. This seems to be much cleaner and easier to understand for 99% of apps (including FormFilling). In addition, having each app have a single well known data context with a predefined UDI allows other apps to access data in other app's data.
>
> However, in the case of Password Manager we either will end up with lots of RP specific personas in the AppData context, or we need a way to allow an app to create new RP-specific data contexts on demand.

My understanding is that Password Manager already does create RP-specific contexts (aka Profile contexts) on demand.

> Also, we need to figure out how to have a UDI that means "this user's business address" that can also be shared by "user x" to "user y" and have it resolve to "user x"'s business address, not "user y"'s.

Every "resource" UDI resolves to a specific context and within it an entity. So I don't see how it would ever resolve to "user y's" address.

<snip>

Back to the top