[higgins-dev] Notes from today's call

Logistics

  • Time: noon Eastern (16:00 UTC) U.S.
  • Skype: +9900827047990866
  • Dial-in: 1-201-793-9022 passcode 7990866#

Attendees

  1. Alexander Yuhimenko
  2. Mike McIntosh
  3. Paul Trevithick
  4. David Thompson
  5. Vitality Lakhno
  6. Valery Kokhan
  7. Joseph Boyle

Agenda
  • [Paul] Changes to http://higgins-project.org
    • Left hand nav: changed "community" to "developer" per eclipse stds (e.g. see [8]); and eliminated "sub" items. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Developer - completely revised
  • [Valery] Higgins 1.1M8 [5] - was June 15th
  • [Paul] 1.1M9 - July 15th
    • Go to [6] click top link
    • 13 open items (Mike, Alexander, SergeyL) - we're not going to do some of these
    • Mike: Azigo is going to contribute a new implementation of the STS
    • Paul: Are we going to do this for 1.1?
    • Mike: It will likely take 2 weeks to get the work done. I think we're better off leaving this to 2.0?
    • Paul: Can you review and push to 2.0 a number of these open bugs currently in 1.1M9
    • Mike: the code for most of the solutions is done; this is mostly about documentation; Most of these involve wiki pages changes and build process changes, etc. Once one of them is done, the rest should fall pretty quickly behind it.
    • Valery: yes, I agree.
    • Mike: Irina has been making progress.
    • Mike: Let's delay the date to 7/22 (one week)
  • [Paul] Persona change events
  • [Paul] Updates to data models
    • h:correlation, h:relation, h:indeterminate [10]
    • three kinds of contexts [11]
  • [Paul & Mike] HGraph [4]
    • Design review
    • Paul presented
  • [David Thompson]
    • Brainstorming Q&A session with David
    • I'm working on a project in the health-care space.
    • It involves integration with salesforce.com
    • Could we design it so that the individual patient (and doctors) have their own identity and can query attributes of their own personal data store, they can have have visibility into where the data comes from.
    • People, esp. WRT medical records, really want a sense that they are in control. One of the main drivers of this is to give the individual patient has an audit trail. What organization accessed what data when and under which policies.
    • I'm looking to learn more about Higgins.
    • David: are there other initiatives in the identity industry around giving.
    • Paul: should look at: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/healthidassurance/Home
  • XDI (1pm)
    • Harmonization: continue to work through [3]
    • Paul explained that h:correlation is different from the stronger owl:sameAs
    • Joe: asked if $is and it's use to correlate i-name, i-number, etc. is that the same as h:correlation?
    • Paul: I think that's closer to h:synonym
    • Joe: in general XDI tries to use fewer verbs
    • Paul: Higgins too. We try to invent as few as possible. Not only that but we only use a subset of rdf, rdfs, and owl so as to make it easier for context provider implementers who are NOT using rdf technology.
    • Joe: the impression I get of XDI is that some distinctions are made by surrounding context
    • Paul: the implication of analysing surrounding context is that performance (during mapping) would be reduced
    • We updated [3] as we discussed $is$a vs. rdfs:type and rdfs:subclassOf as well as XDI comments (in non-JSON-serializations) vs. rdf:comment

Next call in two weeks (July 8th)

--Paul

Back to the top