[higgins-dev] Higgins download page: good and bad.

Title: Higgins download page: good and bad.
Denis,

Good:

[3] now looks good (except for one tiny thing: in the section 1 title “Higgins <missing space here>1.1M7 Solutions). Thanks for all your work. The solution owners can now gradually replace the missing download links on that page with links to the .WAR files that we are already auto-building every evening.

Bad:

There is however, one HUGE bad side effect of your new downloads page:

The idea was that the “downloads” link in the left hand menu would point to ./higgins/downloads.php. And it does. But the problem is that by updating this file it has broken every downloads link in the components pages’ tables. I think the reason is this: the components tables (e.g. [1]) have in the “Downloads” column had links to the same place! For example the top row on page [1] has a link (in the downloads column) to [2]. But that’s the same PHP file that you’ve been working on.

So...we need to fix all of the components pages. Here’s my suggestion:
  1. Immediately back out all changes to [3]  that you’ve made. This will instantly fix all of the components pages.
  2. Put your new downloads page into a new file (e.g. “downloads2.php”)
  3. Make the left hand menu link to this new file.

Then everything will be fixed. (Assuming I’ve understood what’s gone wrong here).

--Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Components_1.X
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/downloads.php?loc=downloads/rpps.web
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/downloads.php