[higgins-dev] Agenda for Higgins developer call March 19

Title: Agenda for Higgins developer call March 19
Logistics
Time: noon Eastern
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 89-2048#

Agenda
1. [Brian] 1.1M6 - was targeted for March 18

  • See [1]

2.   [Brian, Alexander, Andy] Selector Architecture Harmonization

  • See [2]
  • Andy didn’t quite get the Synchronizing CardStore done; may need to hand this off to another developer

3.   [Mary, Jeesmon, Jochen] Current status of RCP Selector use for EclipseCON  demo

4. [Markus]  IdAS Authentication

  • Markus is working on a proposal [4]

5.   [Paul] Higgins website improvements [3]

  • There are 6 items to discuss
    • 2.1 Flatten Solutions into the 3 solutions areas (nav structure change)
    • 2.2 Reorganizing Solutions
    • 2.3 Eliminate "Higgins Data Model" (nav structure change)
    • 2.4 New solution names
    • 2.5 New component set names
    • 2.6 New Downloads Page
  • Updated home page implementing (2.1, 2.2 and 2.3) is available in the staging area [5]

6.   [Paul] FC2 Higgins Workshop Mar 11-13 in Paris

  • We demoed the Selector Linux-GTK reading/writing cards using CardSync
  • FC2 member (Orange) has developed a selector for Nokia J2me phone
  • FC2 has also developed a web selector

7. [Paul] Propose merge web ICM and the Web Selector together into a single solution

8. [Paul] CardSync

  • JohnB’s authentication idea (use personal card)
  • Should we use it as the one and only CardStore API for the Higgins selector? This was discussed briefly last week in Paris. Perhaps a simple core protocol and then extensions.

9. [Paul, Markus] All Selectors diagram [6]

  • Discuss if diagram is correct WRT process boundaries (as noted in [6])

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M6
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Architecture_Harmonization
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1_Plan#Website
[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Authentication_Materials