[higgins-dev] Higgins Developer Call Notes from 2-Oct Meeting

Hi All - notes from our Higgins Dev call yesterday:

Time: noon EDT (1700 London; 1800 Vienna, Paris, Berlin)
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

* Attendees
=========
* Brian Carrol - Serena
* Tom Doman - Novell
* Mary Ruddy - Mertistic/Social Physics
 * Markus Sabedello - Parity
* George Stanchev - Serena
* Brian Walker - Parity
* Tom Caroll - Parity
* Hank Malden  - Cisco

Agenda

1. [Brian] We are still working on 1.1M4.
2. [Mary] Next Higgins F2F
  • Boston was the winning location  (Actually the room we have is in Waltham, just off route 128, Austin was second)
  • Date is October 27-29
  • See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Oct_27-29_Boston_F2F_Agenda for beginnings of an agenda.  Please add your suggested topics and suggested amount of time to spend on each item. Will have dial-in access for these meetings as well so people that can't travel to meeting can participate.
3. [Mary/Paul] Proposal for updated version of Higgins Home page (see attached ppt).
  • We did a major overhaul to the Higgins website that went live in June. Some of the changes were controversial, so we wanted to talk about a proposed update approach before proceeding with the details.
  • Idea is to expand the Higgins home page view to have more information about other aspects of Higgins in addition to i-cards.  There would be added references to web-services (RP and IdP enablement) and IdAS/DataModel content and resources.
  • Would like put this concept  to Higgins team and get inputs. If the team is ok with this proposal, we will then take next step to come up with refined web-site design. Please review the attached ppt and send comments to Higgins-Dev.  [no objections during the call]
  • There is other web-site work that needs to be done (finishing skinning the wiki, improving the download page structure and other clean ups). Would also like to add more background on how Higgins can be used.

4. [Mary]  Higgins in print.

5. [Jim/Drummond/Markus] EntityID discussion - general updates from last weeks discussion

Brian Walker
=brian.walker
VP of Engineering
Parity Communications Inc