[higgins-dev] Notes from Higgins developers call on Thursday, July 24

Notes from the Higgins Developers call on Thursday, July 24

 Attendees

=========

* Jeff Broberg CA

* Duane Buss - Novell

* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM

* Brian Carrol - Serena

* Andy Hodgkinson - Novell

* Ranjan Kumar - IBM

* David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM

* Mike McIntosh - IBM

Mary Ruddy - Meristic/SocialPhysics

* Daniel Sanders

Brian Walker - Parity

Meeting Notes

Time: noon EDT (1700 London; 1800 Vienna, Paris, Berlin)
Dial-in:
1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Agenda

1. [Brian] 1.1M3 (25 July Target Date, Lock Down Point on July 23) Review of next steps for milestone.

See: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M3 <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M3>

·         [Brian] Sent an email out last night.  I went through the remaining open items and moved them out to M4 with the noted exceptions.  Some were requests for some fixes to be included in M3 and the other is for the Google context CP.  Not sure if it is done.  So, we are ready to go.  The only open issue is Ranjan’s 4 bugs.  So depending on the status of those we could delay the M3 for these items.

·         [Andy?] I haven’t had the chance to look at them.  Both of them (Jim and Tom) are gone today.

·         [Brian] So we could hold off a few days if these items need to be done. Or we could do an intermediate build. The prudent thing to do might be to wait until early next week to get feedback from Tom and Jim.  If it just means to wait a few days…. Then we can make a determination.  If people agree with that approach

·         [Ranjan]  Would like to get into M3, but would like to get a sense of how long it would take.

·         [Brian] If no more comments, we will temporarily postpone M3 so that we can get feedback on the timing of these 4 items.

·         [Ranjan] Do we already have a date for M4?

·         [Brian ] It is 6 weeks from Friday, September 5.

2. [Brian] Nightly Auto-Test

·         Next step was getting Mike together with Thomas H. of Buckminster  (any update?)

·         [Mary] The next item is Auto-Test.

·         [Brian] Had a good meeting with Mike and Thomas of Buckminster this week to go over his STS component and its build needs.  Mike is working with the Buckminster platform.

·         [Mike] What I’m currently doing is trying to get that headless Buckminster to build my work space, and I’m working with Thomas on issues.

·         [Brian]  The goal is to understand the capability of the Buckminster platform. From there we can make the appropriate determination on the ultimate goal of using it for auto testing.

3. [Brian & David] Internationalization

·         Are proceeding with Phase 1 which is internationalizing  IdAS.

·         See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Internationalization_Support

·         Have plan to use subset of Equinox jar for dependency

·         http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.osgi/supplement/src/org/eclipse/osgi/util/NLS.java

  • [Brian] David is on the phone. He has an update….
  • [Mary]  The Equinox project lead has agreed to let us use a subset of their code to meet the dependency need.
  • [Ranjan] I appreciate your taking care of this.
  • [David] So what would be the next thing to do.
  • [Brian] Should publish it to the community.  Ranjan, has anyone had time to look over the code? If we are ok with that…
  • [David] I’m not sure how to distribute it.
  • [Mary] Send it to the list.  Since the third party dependencies are not yet approved, you can’t commit it to SVN.
  • [Mike] He is not a committer, so he should enter a bugzilla item and then send the code to the dev list.  Just attach the code.
  • ….
  • [David] Ranjan is reviewing the code with Greg.  Not sure if Mike had a chance to look at it or not.
  • [Greg] I'm reviewing the code now, so people can look at it.
  • [David] Thank you Greg.
  • [Ranjan] Is this targeted for M3?
  • [Greg] Right now it is targeted for M4.
  • [Brian] The best case delay for M3 might be a week, maybe a little more.  If it is more, we may just cap it, then figure out how to do another build between M3 and M4, if necessary.  We can collaborate to figure out which is the best one for everyone.
  • [Greg] The concern I have is that some of these are API changes, and we may need some time to filter these through.
  • [Mary] Anything else?
  • [Greg] I will follow-up and then send a note to the dev list.

4. [David, Greg, Markus, Rajalakshmi] Adding contexts dynamically to the IdASRegistry

·         Proposals are here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_Configuration_Management

·         Any update from David?

……(editing system difficulties)

5. [Mary] Next F2F?

·         Suggestion: Just  after DIDW (10-12)

·         DIDW: http://public.cxo.com/conferences/index.html?conferenceID=24

  • [Mary]  Last week we had talked about the possibilities of having a Higgins Face-to-Face meeting after the Digital Identity World event in September. The meeting could start at 4:00 on the 10th after DIDW ends.  I just created a doodle for people to indicate when they could attend.
  • [Mary] The doodle link is http://www.doodle.ch/n5ndur33y5nz6kqw

6. [Mary] Home page design update

·         Have made more progress on the Media Wiki skins.  Are now in the debugging stage.

§         [Mary] We are now in the progress of debugging the wiki skin facility.

§         [Mary]  Any other topics?

§         Silence.

§         [Mary]  Then we can end the call early and go back to work.  Thanks everyone.

Back to the top