  From:       Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  To:         higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Date:       06/09/2008 04:05 PM

  Subject:    [higgins-dev] Re: automated testing in Foundation build processes

Higgins team,
      [Mike] Do we have any hope to get automated testing into the build
      process any time soon?

      [Brian] There was a dialogue Paul had started with the Eclipse folks.
      Never got any response from them. Will try to probe Bjorn again.

It's still on the plan for the EMO to provide a standard build and test
infrastructure for projects, however (to be bluntly honest) it's not very
high on the list. The EMO will not be writing your tests, of course.

      [Paul] There is agreement about intent.  We couldn't get it done for
      1.0.  We do want to do it. The Eclipse IDE runs ~20K test
      automatically.  We need to figure out how to get a hand on this
      expertise.

The Platform team at IBM created those scripts and maintains them for the
Platform project.

--