[higgins-dev] Re: automated testing in Foundation build processes

Higgins team,
[Mike] Do we have any hope to get automated testing into the build process any time soon?

[Brian] There was a dialogue Paul had started with the Eclipse folks.  Never got any response from them. Will try to probe Bjorn again.

It's still on the plan for the EMO to provide a standard build and test infrastructure for projects, however (to be bluntly honest) it's not very high on the list. The EMO will not be writing your tests, of course.

[Paul] There is agreement about intent.  We couldn't get it done for 1.0.  We do want to do it. The Eclipse IDE runs ~20K test automatically.  We need to figure out how to get a hand on this expertise.

The Platform team at IBM created those scripts and maintains them for the Platform project.

--

[end of message]

Back to the top