Re: [higgins-dev] preliminary work on "IdAS data model as nodes"

Drummond,

>  I’m interested in the “direction you are going” because XDI also has the requirement to be self-describing. I like what you’ve done so far. Keep going.

We already have a set of well-defined IModel interfaces which describe the context perfectly. Is there any reason/benefits to replace the existent model with a new proposed?

Jim,

> It may be better to not define special interfaces for this purpose, but instead simply re-use the existing
> interfaces that are used to access normal information within a Context (nodes and their attributes).

Why it is better to use INode interface to describe a model of IContext, IAttribute, IAttributeValue and others? Really, we see only disadvantages in describing a context model in such a way. Using of new model does not look convenient for a user. For an example,  he will need to investigate a complicated sructure of INode instances to know the list of possible values of simple attribute (defined by owl:oneOf data range). Moreover, in case of such a model we need to create a new special schema to describe HOWL schema. So, we think that re-using of INode interface is not a reason to reject existent IModel interfaces. I only agree with "top node". It will be helpful to add getTopNodeModel() method to IContextModel interface, and getSuperNodeModel() and getSubNodeModels() methods to INodeModel interface.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov