RE: [higgins-dev] svn garbage collection

+1

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:11 AM
To: 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'
Subject: RE: [higgins-dev] svn garbage collection

I imagine it would be best to locate attic right under org.eclipse.higgins rather than under trunk.  Some people are inclined to check out everything from trunk down, so having it be a sibling of trunk helps keep obsoleted code from being unwittingly downloaded.

I added it.  We can always move it later if we want.

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/27/07 8:16 PM >>>

Let’s create a trash directory called “attic”. Please do not delete them.

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]

On Behalf Of

Jim Sermersheim

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:44 AM

higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

[higgins-dev] svn garbage collection

I propose we delete all the projects in svn that are no longer being worked on.

We can either delete them (they will remain in the svn history), or (as Mike suggests) create a trash directory that they can be moved into.  The trash directory would probably make them easier to find in the event one ever needs to be brought back.

Anyone oppose the trash directory idea?

Back to the top