RE: [higgins-dev] Branches on Components wiki

Jim,

I was just trying to advertise the existence of the branch at all. It was a
baby step, and, as you point out, a very imperfect one.

Here's a straw man for the future evolution of the Components page:

1. we keep only one row per component-project

2. we get rid of the dependencies link/page

3. we change the column header from "Nightly Builds" to "Builds". We make
the cells in this column just say "builds" and point to a page that is
segmented (by section or sub-page) by build. Thus, this page has segments
like these:
 - "Nightly"
 - "1.0M7 Stable"
 - "1.0M8 Stable"
 - "1.0M9 Stable"
 - "1.0R1 Release"
Within each segment there would be:
 - dependencies (auto-generated as we now do)
 - plugin (as we do now)
 - we no longer create "lib" (everyone can just use the plugin .jar)
 - sources (as we do now, except not mis-spelled as "Sousces")
 - log file per platform (as we do now)
 - javadoc (as we do now)

-Paul