[higgins-dev] Branches on Components wiki

Paul,

To follow up on this:
(11:20:25) trevithick1: jim, does your components page template allow multiple branches (e.g. "{M0-8}" and "{1.0M9}")?
(11:23:04) trevithick1: My intent was to display all of the known branches that this SINGLE row/project was known to have (to save exploding the number of rows).

We can put any string in there.  Today the template puts the {} around the passed string, but we could change it so the passed string looks like "{M0-8}, {M0-9}" if we want.  However, the dependency page, build instructions, javadoc, are all currently for the HEAD only.  Do we want to have per-branch information (such as javadoc, stable jar, version-specific dependencies, etc.?

Or is the {M0.8} thing just to tell people how long the component has been around, and to advertise the cvs branches?  Still, I'm not sure what people will do when they go to get an older branch, and the dependencies are different from what's on the dep page for that component.

Back to the top