[higgins-dev] STS Status, Configuration, new IdAS registry

Mike,

I haven't updated my STS code for about two months now.  I am still using three projects from the Parity branch:

org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.common
org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.service
org.eclipse.higgins.sts.common

I used these three because there were some STS configuration changes that had been put in the Parity branch, but had not been moved to the main branch.  The configuration changes were to accommodate the fact that the configuration code was modified to get rid of some static variables that prevented it from being used to read in different configuration files.  That change required the STS to make changes in how it got configuration data into different components.

Have you moved all of the stuff in the Parity branch to the main branch?

Also, I assume you have probably been watching the dev-list discussions on the IdASRegistry changes.  Have you modified the STS code to accommodate those changes?  I assume if you have gone to the latest JNDI context provider you would have had to do this.

I'm just trying to figure out if it is safe for me to come forward to the latest and greatest stuff.  I am somewhat anxious to do this as I am anticipating I will need a new version of the IdAS code that makes it possible to update attributes without first retrieving them (in order to allow context providers to have 'change password' capabilities, among other things).

Thank you,

Daniel

Back to the top