[higgins-dev] Conversion to new IdASRegistry

Markus,

I think I need your assistance.  Having coded this all up, I've run into some issues getting the JNDI CP to run using this code.  I'm sure I don't have something setup correctly but I'm not sure what.  As I've debugged into this code, I've come up with a few questions about how it works that may get to me what I'm doing wrong.

1. The first thing I do is get a copy of the registry impl for my test class:

	private IdASRegistry _reg = IdASRegistry.getInstance();

I expected that this would actually parse the default XRDS document (contextfactories.xrds) containing my context factories but it only appears to setup to do so later.  That seemed all right to me but I don't see where it happens later either.  Anyway, assuming the registry is properly populated after getInstance() is called, I use it throughout my tests.

2. Other than that, all I'm doing to get a context throughout my tests is this:

	IContextId contextID = ContextIdFactory.getInstance().fromFile("testcontext2.xrds");
	IContextFactory factory = _reg.getContextFactory(contextID);
	context = factory.createContext(contextID);

The context ID is successfully constructed but this object too, seems not to have parsed the XRDS document describing the context (testcontext2.xrds).  Again, perhaps it does it later but I'm not sure where because I assume the call to get the factory has to have all the required members of the context ID filled out, such as "types" so that the getContextFactory() call knows what to get.  Anyway, the call to get the context factory produces an IdASException saying "No service endpoint found" which makes sense to me because I don't know how it COULD find a service endpoint based on the data I'm currently passing it.

I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere but I've also included the XRDS documents I'm using for your perusal to see if I've done something stupid in them.

Thanks,
Tom