Re: [higgins-dev] Context Types

I think I'd rather see an LDAP context type than JNDI.  Configuration settings like host, port, base DN, etc. have to do with LDAP and not JNDI in general.  There are some JNDI-looking setting names that we happen to surface right now (such as certain jndi env settings), but those could easily be re-defined as LDAP-looking.

While the JNDI provider can handle LDAP context types, in the future it could be able to handle other types (like say -- a NIS context type).

Jim

>>> "Markus Sabadello" <msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 8/23/07 11:44 AM >>>
Hello all,

I set up a skeleton page for defining context types for the IdASRegistry:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ContextTypes

Context types will be defined very soon now. Please take a quick look at the page and let me know if more are needed.

This page would also be a good place for defining the common configuration vocabularies we talked about (in case we have multiple context factories for the same type).

Markus

Back to the top