[higgins-dev] Notes from Thursday, August 2nd Higgins developers call

Attendees
=========
  Alex Amies - IBM
* Paula Austel - IBM
* Anthony Bussani - IBM
  Jeff Broberg CA
  Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
  Duane Buss - Novell
* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM
* Brian Carrol - Serena
  Tom Doman - Novell
* Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine
  David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM
  Mike McIntosh - IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam - IBM
* Dale Olds - Novell
  Uppili Srinivasan - Oracle
  Drummond Reed - Cordance
  Bruce Rich - IBM
* Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics
  Markus Sabedello - Parity
  Jim Sermersheim - Novell
* George Stanchev - Serena
  Daniel Sanders
  Abhi Schelat - IBM
* Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics
  Igor Tsinman - Parity
--
* Present

Agenda
======
M0.9
* Objectives for M0.9 (frozen architecture and automated builds)

M0.9 architecture
* Presentation by Anthony on an embedded i-card manager in RPPS
* Firefox only (no IE or Safari) for 1.0
* RP object tag - encoding for Idemix policy
* Plan for adding native code required for H2 to HBX

M0.9 security
* Review of HBX security
* Plan for IE -alternative approach

M1.0
* IPR update - Please review/update all your component pages to make
sure the third party dependencies are current
* Wiki doc for all deployments and components

 [2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Milestone_0.9

1) M0.9
Mary: The first topic is M0.9
Paul: It doesn't make sense to close M0.9 until we have addressed the
remainder of the open architecture, automated builds and security
issues.
Paul: Recommendation is to move to working on the M1.0 milestone only
after M0.9 objectives have been reached. We hope to achieve this in just
a few more weeks. This means that the current 1.0 date is unlikely.

2) M0.9 Architecture
Mary: Finalizing the architecture is a key objective of the M0.9. One of
the important open items concerns the work that Anthony has been doing
on an embedded i-card manager in RPPS
Anthony: Would like to schedule a demo of this at a later call.
Paul: We should talk about this work and how it relates to the over all
Higgins architecture. The i-card manager you are implementing for H3 is
not a full i-card manager.
Anthony: ....
Paul: There is no card manager interface in the current diagram...
Paul: Will update the diagram. HBX connects to RPPS WebApp and the
embedded i-card manager
Paul: Our next topic is what browsers we will be supporting for 1.0.
Given where we are now and our current approach for Firefox, it will be
a lot of work to do this for IE and it won't be done in time for 1.0.
Paul: The next topic is the RP object tag. We are proposing extending
the RP object tag so that it supports managed cards and encoding for
Idemix policy z-cards. Is it possible to coordinate on accomplishing
this?
Anthony: Yes.
Paul: We will put up a wiki page proposing an extension that support
R-cards, then you can comment/update for z-cards if/as needed.
Anthony: It may be just a different token type, may not need to change
the object tag.
Paul: The next topic is the plan for adding native code required for H2
to HBX.  But we will skip this topic as Andy is not on the phone.

3) M0.9 Security
Paul: There have been a number of messages on HBX security.
Paul: The US Army has hired a couple of grad students to work on Higgins
and on security this summer. Paul has suggested they review HBX
security.
Paul: When we get the report from this effort, we may be able to put it
on the wiki.
Paul: We may want to move to an architecture where the browser lunches a
native app. Since we haven't started work on the IE version of HBX. We
could make the HBX for IE launch the H2 native deployment. If we decide
this approach is more desirable, we could then extend this to Firefox.
(Note this native code is cross platform.)

4) M1.0
Mary: While we are working on M0.9, there are things that need to be
done by 1.0 that have longer lead times that we also need to be working
on now.
Mary: One of these things is the Intellectual Property Review (IPR) of
all the third party dependencies.
Mary: This is of course an ongoing effort that was started a long time
ago. The lead times on reviewing third party dependencies can be quite
long. So it is important for us to double check and ensure that we have
fully identified all third party dependencies that are needed for 1.0.
Mary: Please review all of your component wiki pages and ensure that all
of your 1.0 dependencies are listed there and that any obsolete
dependencies have been removed. Double check that the release versions
are correct and that all subdependencies are also listed. Please let me
know when you have finished reviewing your section, so that I can update
the third party dependencies wiki page with any changes and let Eclipse
Legal know of any changes.
Mary: The final item for 1.0 is finalizing the component and dependency
wiki pages to reflect the final 1.0. As you are reviewing your component
wiki pages to review third party dependencies, be thinking about how you
will finalize these pages.

 Action Items
============
Paul: to create a wiki page on extending the RP object tag.
Anthony: to comment/update the RP object tag wiki (and other interested
parties also!) All component owners: to review their component wiki
pages and ensure that all their 1.0 dependencies are listed there and
that any obsolete dependencies have been removed. Double check that the
release versions are correct and that all subdependencies are also
listed. Let me know what questions you have.
Mary: to update the third party dependencies wiki page with any changes
from the component dependency pages.

Back to the top