Re: [higgins-dev] IdAS: Model as Metadata

I have to say I'm also not 100% sold on model as metadata. It strikes me as the same discussion we had about whether metadata is just a set of attributes. Yes, but there's a semantic difference that might be important to the consumer. If I just said, "give me all the metadata about DigitalSubject X", I don't think I would expect to see the model of that type of DS.

Would it help to simply extend IProperty to IModel (in the same way that we did for IMetadata)? Then all the update methods would be inherited, but we'd still have a different interface to convey the semantic difference.

...Greg

Valery Kokhan wrote:
Hi Jim,

I see one problem with intention to represent interfaces in .model
package using metadata.

As you mentioned, metadata is a data that describes another data but I
have to notice that actually they describes data instances while
interfaces in the .model package describes data structures
(definitions).

Back to the top