Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Results of this morning's #higgins chat ondeploymentconfigs

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/24/2007 03:47:19 AM:

> #2: We started a discussion of how we can make the whole thing easy to
> install. At present you have to have a JRE and then you have to
install
> tomcat and then Higgins. And of course there's HBX itself. There was
some
> discussion of using Equinox instead of tomcat,etc. This area needs
more
> work. SergeyY is exploring Equinox.

Just like to make a little changes in this point. Equinox is a OSGi
runtime
platform, it doesn't support servlets itself. To support Servlet API
Equinox
should be either embedded into a Servlet Container or vice versa HTTP
Server
should be embedded into Equinox. In any cases we cannot say "Equinox vs.
Tomcat" instead it should be said as follow "Tomcat alone vs. Equinox +
Tomcat" (or any other Servlet Containers).
Are you for sure we still need a second option and it is more
easy/light?

Please see: http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/
I believe Jetty is supported and is relatively lightweight for download
and runtime - compared to Tomcat.

--
Best Regards,
Sergei