RE: [higgins-dev] H3 deployment configuration issues

Mike wrote
> > H3 and H4 differ from each other in two ways. First, H3 is interpreted
> > (java) whereas H4 runs native code. Second, H4 embeds the UI (ISS Client
> UI)
> > within the native executable, whereas H3 relies on the UI integrated
> within
> > HBX itself.
>
> I think there are potentially/probably more points of diferentiation.
> Since the "H3" version is checked into CVS it is easy to see where it does
> and does not diverge from the Higgins architecture and whether or not it
> supports the interfaces we've been discussing within the project.

I'm sure you're right.

> > I have drawn here [2] a line from HBX directly to the RPPS Core. This is
> the
> > intent, and the subject of this email, but NOT how it works today. Today
> HBX
> > makes SOAP calls to the RPPS Webapp (much like H1).
>
> I am not sure I understand the differentiation. The SOAP calls are always
> local RPC, not remote.

In the H1 config HBX speaks SOAP to RPPS Web App.

Last week at IIW Tony was running a variation of the normal H1
configuration: HBX was talking to the RPPS Web App running on *localhost*.
But this is awkward in the ways that I tried to explain.

> Is it your intention to use the local vs. remote designation to mean
> in-process vs. cross-process?

No.

Back to the top