[higgins-dev] configuration update

Here's what I've done in my local workspace for the configuration stuff.  I'd like some feedback before checking in.

(1) Changed org.eclipse.higgins.configuration.common to org.eclipse.configuration.impl.  Includes two packages: ...configuration.common and ...configuration.xml.  The first holds ConfigurableComponentFactoryHelper, and the second holds all of the other implementation stuff from Mike.

(2) Moved all XML-specific stuff (ISettingHandler) out of org.eclipse.higgins.configuration.api.

(3) Added IConfigurationHandler interface in the api package.  It has the following three methods, modeled after Mike's ConfigurationHandler class:

    public abstract void setConfigurationBase(String str); -- set directory for finding config files (if any)

    public abstract boolean configure(java.util.Map mapConfigurationSettings) throws Exception;  -- create config mapping

    public abstract java.util.Map getSettings() throws Exception; -- return config mapping

Except for package names, Mike's code should still work.  (Any votes for changing ConfigurationHandler to XMLConfigurationHandler?)

Comments?  I wasn't sure about whether to do separate projects for the impl stuff vs. separate packages.

...Greg

Back to the top