[higgins-dev] STS Configuration Question

Mike,

Just a couple of questions about STS configuration.  We've been looking at the new code for the STS and don't quite follow how the STS gets initialized and configured.  Here is what we see:

1. SecurityTokenServiceServerBinding.configure() gets called and calls configurationHandler.configure(null).  This appears to be done so that the STS can be obtained via the call getSecurityTokenService() which gets the configured STS from a map that is created using the key "SecurityTokenService".

2. ConfigurationHandler.configure() does the setting up of the STS by reading the config xml.  The following code we're guessing sets up the STS:

org.eclipse.higgins.configuration.common.MapHandler mapHandler = new org.eclipse.higgins.configuration.common.MapHandler();
mapGlobalSettings = new java.util.Hashtable();
try
{
mapGlobalSettings = (java.util.Map)mapHandler.getSetting
("STSConfiguration",
strConfigurationBase,
mapSettingHandlers,
mapGlobalSettings,