[higgins-dev] CardStore and Context Requirements

CardStore Requirements

- Fast lookups for RP policy matching (potentially not requiring
re-parsing of cards):
        Issuer URI
        Token Type URI(s)
        Supported Claims

- Editable "Name"

- For all Cards, equivalent of CardSpace's
RoamingStore/RoamingInformationCard/InformationCardMetaData/* (see TechRef
section 8.1):
        PinDigest (Protected Sensitive)
        HashSalt (Protected Sensitive)
        TimeLastUpdated

- For Personal Cards, equivalent of CardSpace's
RoamingStore/RoamingInformationCard/InformationCardPrivateData/* (see
TechRef section 8.1):
        MasterKey (Protected Sensitive) - not readable by anyone other
than Issuer

- For Personal Cards:
        Credential for Context open (Protected Sensitive)

Context Requirements

- For all Cards, need to store an IdP private - not readable by anyone
other than Issuer - HashSalt value

I am not 100% sure I followed the description of how sensitive CardStore
information would be protected (on Windows, Mac, and Linux).

Can someone please respond with a description via email?

Also could someone please respond with an estimate for when we can get
support for ALL of the above requirements in a CardStore implementation?

Until we securely support the two HashSalt values, we can not provide a
secure solution.

Thanks,
Mike

Back to the top