[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[higgins-dev] Higgins status?
- From: Greg Thompson <thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:13:01 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: Credentica
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20070221)
Hi all. I'm interested in using Higgins components to build a
CardSpace-compatible managed information card provider as well as the
relevant relying party tidbits required to process the security token
containing claims delivered by the Windows CardSpace identity selector.
Are the Higgins components mature enough to be used to:
1. Issue an ic:InformationCard document indicating STS authn via any of
(1) username/password, (2) self-issued credential, or (3) X.509 V3 cert
suitable for use by Windows CardSpace.
2. Build an STS capable of authenticating a Windows CardSpace service
requester via any of (1) username/password, (2) a security token
containing a PPID generated by the Windows CardSpace Self-issued
Identity Provider, or (3) X.509 V3 cert.
3. Following this authentication, issue a SAML security token containing
4. Process this SAML security token in a relying party to extract the
Naturally, this involved a mess of WS-Trust, WS-MEX,
WS-SecureConversation, WS-SecurityPolicy, etcetera. Are these bits and
pieces implemented in Higgins, and do they interop with Windows CardSpace?
My timeframe is fairly short (a small number of weeks), so I'm really
interested in what's there now rather than what future goals for the