[higgins-dev] Notes from today's higgins-dev call (noon ET)

Attendees
=========
* Alex Amies - IBM
  Paula Austel - IBM
* Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
  Duane Buss - Novell
* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM
* Brian Carrol - Serena
  Tom Doman - Novell
* Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine
* David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM
* Mike McIntosh - IBM
  Tony Nadalin - IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam - IBM
* Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics
  Jim Sermersheim - Novell
* George Sanchez - Serena
  Daniel Sanders
  Abhi Schelat - IBM
* Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics
--
* Present

Agenda
------
1. New process for Object Identifiers
2. IPR process update - do we have all the dependencies identified?
3. Nightly Builds - Adding "incubator" label
4. IdAS
5. F2F meeting - any more logistical issues?

1. Object Identifiers
----------------------
See [1]
BrianC: these are needed for object classes and types in LDAP and IANA is
the standards organization

David: IBM has a requirement

Paul: officially we only specify higgins.owl

Mike: yes, but unofficially there is a requirement to use specific schemas
to use the LDAP CP. Right now, in order for it to work there is some mapping
that needs to occur. You now have the ability to do this mapping in
configuration files (though explaining this to customers is not easy).

Brian: there are a couple of scenarios. One is a demo/test scenario. The
other is more production scenario where one typically can't make any changes
to the schema.

David: My concern that by registering object ids we're making a schema
statement about what needs to be there to support IdAS.

Mike: Currently we do have some restrictions. We're moving away from those
restrictions. Though as Brian pointed out, we'd probably like to have a
light-weight deployment scenario.

2. IPR process update: dependencies
-----------------------------------
Mary: There are some components on the components wiki that list "dep" but
don't have a link to any dependencies. Will follow-up with all component
owners who have components in this state to ensure that we have all our
dependencies documented. If you plan to add dependencies in the future, but
haven't started using them yet, please let me know about these also.

Paul: Looks like Valery and Abhi have components in this category.

3. Nightly Builds
-----------------
Mary: There is a new requirement for all Eclipse projects in incubator
status. We need to change the zip file name created by all our Nightly and
Stable builds to include the word "incubator" Will update the nightly build
process specifications, so that component owners can update their  build
scripts. Needs to be done by May 8 to stay in compliance.

4. IdAS
-------
Paul: Jim has said that [2] represents the current status of the IdAS API
update discussions

5. F2F Logistics
<no issues>

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Object_Identifiers