[higgins-dev] New IdAS update upproach

I'm trying to rewrite URI I-Card provider to use new IdAS update
approach and I don't feel myself comfortable.

May be it is not a big problem to rebuild some attribute
when your need just to update its value if this attribute is simple
but even in this simplest case I need to drag all over the place
digital subject containing this attribute (or IContext with the
subject cuid) as well. Things are become even uglier when my attribute
is complex and all what I need is to update single property.

I'm trying to convince myself that it is not too difficult to rewrite
half of my old code but I can't find right arguments.

Why should we force IdAS consumers to keep track of data integrity?

What benefits would we get when we rebuild whole attribute from
scratch if we need just to update a single value?

Valery

Back to the top